LOVE MORELS ??
COOK THEM WELLMorel Mushroom Poisonings Up In Montana . . ."
Morel mushroom poisonings have recently increased in Idaho and Montana, according to the Rocky Mountain Poison and Drug Center.
The Center wants us all to know that it’s dangerous to eat raw, dried, or partially cooked morels, and it’s also unsafe to drink wine or other alcohol with any morels, cooked or not.
Morel poisoning causes impressive, repeated vomiting, usually right after you eat those bad boys.
From the Center’s press release, it’s easy to tell that this is more than a dodgy situation – it’s serious.
Do not drink and eat morels, cook them to death, and reject the dried kind.
“Impressive vomiting” is enough for me.